Location: IBM Centre – Markham ON
At SIËSDE Dispute Resolution Technologies, we are an interdisciplinary legal innovation Team based from the IBM Centre in Markham, ON. SIËSDE develops and innovates legal technology and is currently a leading entity, investing heavily in dispute resolution processes to generate family law solutions. We are about innovation: regularly breaking down legal processes, challenging assumptions, engaging and repositioning professional expertise with great emphasis on how we can offer clients increased creative options and dispute resolution solutions.
Who we are looking for?
SIËSDE’s Innovation Team is seeking a Back-End Developer to design and code reliable, high-quality back-end service in a secured environment using third-party tools, databases, and external APIs. The position will require an individual who can design an API according to specifications provided by a Front-End Developer, understands the operation of HTTP networks, and can work independently to deliver quality coding.
The Back-End Developer will be a collaborative-minded individual who can fit seamlessly into a cross-functional team and is comfortable brainstorming and working with Front-End Developers to design API requirements for our Platform and websites. They must have a flexible approach to development and should be capable of working in a fast-paced environment where adjustments to their process may be required to meet the needs of end users.
We are looking for an articulate, enthusiastic, organized, and efficient individual to join our team and help us reach the next phase of our development. Above all, SIËSDE needs a technology innovator – someone who strives to be on the cutting edge and is constantly looking for the new and better way to tackle everyday problems.
What are the requirements and qualifications for this role?
- You have built an entire back-end application, understand common security issues and how to resolve them, and are aware of coding best practices.
- You are capable of conducting unit and integration tests, and have created automated routines to handle them.
- You have an intimate understanding of NodeJS, Express, and templating libraries.
- You are capable of querying relational and non-relational databases.
- You are ready to work in an agile, Sprint Team! This means you are a team player, you are able to speak up in a group, and have a personality that everyone likes working with.
- You find efficient solutions to problems and can easily explain the positive and negative aspects of your solution.
- You are comfortable working on cross-functional teams and can communicate your decision-making rationale to team members who do not have a technical background.
Your role at SIËSDE
- Join a sprint team at SIËSDE that is dedicated to developing dispute resolution and legal technology solutions that make the justice system more accessible.
- Design and refine the back-end service of our existing Platform and other high-fidelity technology solutions in preparation for commercialization.
- Provide reliable back-end code and expertise to our Innovation Team.
- Evaluate new and existing APIs, databases, and other products for their ability to contribute to solving our targeted problems.
- Collaborate with our Front-End Developers to design API requirements and implement them according to the Innovation Team’s specifications.
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial team.
What are the benefits of working at CSD?
- Competitive compensation with potential for professional and revenue growth.
- Innovating disruptive technologies with huge social reform potentials.
- Wide variety of projects provides constant challenges and learning opportunities.
- Exposure and engagement across industries and markets as part of a cross-industry organization.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and build your substantive skill set in a variety of areas.
- Work from a Community Tech Hub – surrounded by other labs and start-ups for amazing inspiration and collaboration opportunities.
- A small and dedicated team – focused on and celebrating each other’s successes.
At SIËSDE, we embrace diversity, collaboration, disruption and imagination! Our legal “innovation and disruption” lab is located at the IBM Offices in Markham ON.
Please send resumes and portfolio samples to email@example.com.