Location: IBM Centre – Markham ON
At SIËSDE Dispute Resolution Technologies, we are an interdisciplinary legal innovation Team based from the IBM Centre in Markham, ON. SIËSDE develops and innovates legal technology and is currently a leading entity, investing heavily in dispute resolution processes to generate family law solutions. We are about innovation: regularly breaking down legal processes, challenging assumptions, engaging and repositioning professional expertise with great emphasis on how we can offer clients increased creative options and dispute resolution solutions.
Who we are looking for?
SIËSDE’s innovation team has built a first-generation Platform and is seeking a Front-End Developer to help us refine the Platform and take it to market. The position will require multi-disciplinary skills in order to code the innovations, guide product development, and make the technical enhancements that ensure a marketable product is delivered to the end users. The individual must have a flexible approach to development and should be capable of working in a fast-paced environment where adjustments to their process may be required to meet the needs of end users.
We are looking for an articulate, enthusiastic, organized, and efficient individual to join our team and help us reach the next phase of our development. Above all, SIËSDE needs a technology innovator – someone who strives to be on the cutting edge and is constantly looking for the new and better way to tackle everyday problems.
What are the requirements and qualifications for this role?
- You have familiarity with a front-end framework, a state management library, and a routing system. Preferably, Vue.js, Vuex, and Vue router.
- You have built a full front-end application.
- You understand all of the ways to use local storage, as well as the benefits and risks of each.
- You are able to integrate third-party APIs that enhance your application.
- You are capable of formatting pages in HTML5 and are comfortable using a CSS framework (i.e. Bulma) and SASS.
- You are ready to work in an agile, Sprint Team! This means you are a team player, you are able to speak up in a group, and have a personality that everyone likes working with.
- You find efficient solutions to problems and can easily explain the positive and negative aspects of your solution.
- You are comfortable working on cross-functional teams and can communicate your decision-making rationale to team members who do not have a technical background.
Your role at SIËSDE
- Join a sprint team at SIËSDE that is dedicated to developing dispute resolution and legal technology solutions that make the justice system more accessible.
- Plan, design, build, and refine high-fidelity legal technology solutions that will be commercially deployed.
- Evaluate new and existing technology for its ability to contribute to solving our targeted problems, and integrate this technology into our Platform.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and code both verbally and visually.
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial team.
What are the benefits of working at SIËSDE?
- Competitive compensation with potential for professional and revenue growth.
- Innovating disruptive technologies with huge social reform potentials.
- Wide variety of projects provides constant challenges and learning opportunities.
- Exposure and engagement across industries and markets as part of a cross-industry organization.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and build your substantive skill set in a variety of areas.
- Work from a Community Tech Hub – surrounded by other labs and start-ups for amazing inspiration and collaboration opportunities.
- A small and dedicated team – focused on and celebrating each other’s successes.
At SIËSDE, we embrace diversity, collaboration, disruption and imagination! Our legal “innovation and disruption” lab is located at the IBM Offices in Markham ON.
Please send resumes and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.