Location: IBM Centre – Markham ON
At SIËSDE Dispute Resolution Technologies, we are an interdisciplinary legal innovation team based out of the IBM Centre in Markham, ON. SIËSDE develops and innovates legal technology and is currently a leading entity, investing heavily in dispute resolution processes to generate family law solutions. We are about innovation: regularly breaking down legal processes, challenging assumptions, engaging and repositioning professional expertise with great emphasis on how we can offer clients increased creative options and dispute resolution solutions.
Who we are looking for?
We seek an articulate, enthusiastic, organized, and efficient individual to join our team and help us reach the next phase of our development. Above all, SIËSDE needs a technology innovator – someone who strives to be on the cutting edge and is constantly looking for the new and better way to tackle everyday problems.
Legal Research UX/UI Product Designer
Location: IBM Centre – Markham ON
At SIËSDE Dispute Resolution Technologies, we are an interdisciplinary legal innovation Team based from the IBM Centre in Markham, ON. SIËSDE develops and innovates legal technology and is currently a leading entity, investing heavily in dispute resolution processes to generate family law solutions. We are about innovation: regularly breaking down legal processes, challenging assumptions, engaging and repositioning professional expertise with great emphasis on how we can offer clients increased creative options and dispute resolution solutions.
As a Legal Research UX/UI Product Designer, you will work in an agile/sprint environment alongside our Developers & Innovation Team to ideate, iterate, and improve our existing legal Platform and other products.
The Legal Research UX/UI Product Designer must be a collaborative-minded individual who can fit seamlessly into a cross-functional development team, is comfortable defining user requirements, designing and architecting a UX/UI infrastructure, conducting user testing, and contributing to the innovative solutions we provide to our end users, clients, and partners.
The Legal Research UX/UI Product Designer will work as part of a small close-knit design team supporting our broader engineering team. This is a unique opportunity for up and coming UX/UI Researcher/Product Designer to be part of a team developing a truly innovative and high potential technology service. The successful applicant will encompass the following skillsets:
- Legal Design Research
The Research component of this internship will require the successful applicant to not only work with the creative design elements of our platform but also to research the behavioural and psychological methodologies of online legal processes by conducting research and design tests to best satisfy user needs. The researcher will work closely with product teams to research and create designs that address both user behavior and attitudes. The Legal Research UX/UI Product Designer will use a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods to:
- identify research topics,
- research client usage,
- design our legal process through revised iterations, and
- conduct user research
- UX/UI Interface Development
The UX/UI component is concerned with how our legal product feels, how our legal project is laid out, how our clients interact with the product and how our screens link to each other. The Legal Research UX/UI Product Designer is responsible for creating a cohesive style guide and ensuring that a consistent design language is applied across the product. The Legal Research UX/UI Product Designer will identify problems, set benchmarks to address it, and then design, test, and iterate different solutions by:
- Evaluating our existing Platform and applications for their user experience effectiveness
- explore many different approaches to solving a specific user problem.
- ensure that the product logically flows from one step to the next.
- identify verbal and non-verbal stumbling blocks
- refine and iterate to create the “best” user experience.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
- communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders.
- Work with our innovation coordinator and programmers to incorporate the visual identity of our platform features.
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mock-ups, and specifications as needed.
- Visual Design
Visual design focuses on producing high-quality visual designs from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials). The successful Applicant will create and iterate on assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and inject beauty and life into a product. Visual design may require:
- creating a functional implementation of our product’s interface.
- creating visual assets
What are the requirements and qualifications for this role?
- Current educational background in one or more of the following disciplines.
- Computer Sciences
- Behavioural Sciences
- Product Design
- Product Psychology
- Visual UX/UI Design
- UI/UX design experience with a portfolio of design projects
- Prototyping & wireframing tools: Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Atomic, Principal, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Very strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
What are the benefits of working at SIËSDE?
- Competitive compensation with potential for professional and revenue growth.
- Innovating disruptive technologies with huge social reform potentials.
- Wide variety of projects provides constant challenges and learning opportunities.
- Exposure and engagement across industries and markets as part of a cross-industry organization.
- Work from a Community Tech Hub – surrounded by other labs and start-ups for amazing inspiration and collaboration opportunities.
- A small and dedicated team – focused on and celebrating each other’s successes.
At SIËSDE, we embrace diversity, collaboration, disruption and imagination! Our legal “innovation and disruption” lab is located at the IBM Offices in Markham ON.